Rushcliffe Borough Council are able to offer a free, fun and informative speaker for any applicable community group or club. Eat Well for Life is a healthy eating session that covers how to eat well, the importance of reducing sugar and fat, how to maintain a healthy weight by eating well and keeping active.
To book a talk, contact 0115 914 8334/914 8233
The Nottinghamshire County Dietetics service now has it's own website:
Change4Life, is a society-wide campaign, has been developed by the DH to change the lives of families in England by improving diet, exercise and attitude to good health.
The aims of this campaign are to target young families and action changes to modern life instead of pointing the finger at parents. If plans of this nature are not implemented it has been predicted that 90 percent of today’s children could be overweight or obese by 2050.
Families who join will receive a welcome pack containing a handbook full of tips for healthy shopping and cooking as well as ideas on how to inspire the kids to get moving. For example; easy recipes, a snack check chart, crosswords and wordsearch. The pack also contains a 5 a Day sticker chart which includes one re-stickable cart for up to 4 family members and a whole variety of stickers depicting foods and activities to encourage the whole family to eat their 5 a Day and get moving. It’s easy to join, just sign up on the change4life website at www.nhs.uk/change4life or call 03001234567.
Be Food Smart is the latest campaign from Change4Life and aims to encourage everyone to look out for ‘hidden nasties’ – salt, fat and sugar – in many everyday foods and remind us all that eating too much of these can be bad for our health. The Be Food Smart campaign empowers us to make smart choices about what we eat and drink and encourages us to join Change4Life for lots of ideas for cheap, quick and healthier breakfasts, lunches and evening meals as well as hints and tips about eating well and money off healthier products.
Be Food Smart Key Messages:
• There is a surprising amount of ‘hidden’ fat, sugar, and salt in lots of food and drink we have every day.
• Too much fat, sugar and salt can create dangerous levels of fat leading to diseases such as cancer, stroke, type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
• Be Food Smart and enjoy your favourite foods but in a healthier way.
• There are 4 steps to be Food Smart:
- Watch the salt, cut back fat, sugar swaps and 5-a-day
• Join Change4Life for a free Be Food Smart pack with cheap, tasty, quick and healthier meal ideas plus exclusive special offers.
There’s a range of free resources available;
• Be Food Smart Recipe Booklet
• Be Food Smart Recipe Finder App - lots of healthier Change4Life recipes, which can be turned into shopping lists of ingredients to make a healthier life easier at the point of purchase.
• Be Food Smart Online Meal Mixer – over 100 healthier meal ideas available on the Change4Life website.
• Be Food Smart online quiz – to test if you are food smart and share with friends
Available at www.nhs.uk/Change4Life/Pages/be-food-smart.aspx
Belvoir Health Group | Compton Acres Medical Centre | East Bridgford Medical Centre | East Leake Medical Group | Keyworth Health Centre | Ludlow Hill Surgery | Musters Medical Practice | Orchard Surgery | Radcliffe-on-Trent Health Centre | Soar Valley Surgeries | Southview Surgery | St Georges Medical Practice | The Gamston Medical Centre | The Ruddington Medical Centre | Trent Bridge Medical Practice | West Bridgford Medical Centre